Decorating your kids’ room can be a fun project, not only for the kids but also for you. It allows you to think outside the confines of a grown-up mindset and freely express everything, just like a kid. In that regard, many amazing creations have come out that you can use for decorating your kids’ room, but nothing seems to be more expressive than custom stamps. They are incredibly easy to use, and you can create some fantastic artwork with them by using a little bit of creativity. Let us take you through the entire process that you can apply to ensure that you get a beautiful-looking room when you are finished.
Accumulate Everything You Need
It is always a good idea with any project to create a list of things that you need to execute. For styling a room using designer custom stamps, you will need the following things.
- Custom rubber stamps. Get as many as you want to get but we recommend that you stick to a theme so that there is some sense to the chaos that your children will most likely create.
- Paint pots. These are small-sized cans that you can use to cover the stamps before applying. Since you will not be covering entire walls, the small cans work perfectly.
- Paintbrushes are also a necessity as your kids may want to draw something original and that makes the room even more theirs. However, their primary use would be to add paint on the custom stamps that you use.
- Plain paper is also needed for different reasons including stamp testing and color mixing.
- You will also need some walls to use your custom stamps on. Be sure to have those ready, or you might find the stamps used in places you did not want to.
Choosing Designs for Your Custom Stamps
The best thing about custom rubber stamps is that they can be whatever you want them to be. Make a few stamps that suit your kids’ preferences and test them out on paper to see how they turn out. There is always a chance that you will end up not using a stamp you initially loved simply because of the way it looks when used. Take as much feedback from your children in this as you can so they love the final product as well. The stamps can be a mix of both shapes and letters and the way you make them is entirely up to the imagination of your kids.
Choosing the Colors
While you could let your kids decide what colors they want to work with, having some guidance can make sure that things turn out pretty. Depending on how soft or bold you want the designs to look, you can go for a stronger or lighter contrasting color. This decision can also be made mutually between you and your kids, so be sure to keep them in the loop as well. Another thing that you can do is create two stamps from the same design, one being outline style and the other being a full-body stamp. You can use different shades on each type to add another layer of depth to the design.
Let the Stamping Begin!
Once all your material is ready, start by testing each of your custom stamps on a piece of paper first. A few practice stamps can help you find out the right way of doing it for each design. It will also make sure that you like the design before you put it on your wall since you will not be able to remove it from there.